First Year Experience – FYE
If this is your first year at Brookdale Community College,
we have a program for you!
Going to college is one of most exciting (and most nerve-wracking) steps you can take. What is it like to be a Brookdale student? How will you decide what courses to take? Are the classes really hard? How do you find out about fun things to do on campus? How do you get INVOLVED?
Brookdale Community College recognizes that becoming a college student is a significant step in your life.We want you to succeed, and our First Year Experience (FYE) program helps you adjust to college life.
What is FYE?
It's a comprehensive program that involves almost every single department at Brookdale. We're all focused on making your first year the best it can be. So - what does that mean? We will:
- Support you as you make the transition from high school to college, and especially to a non-residential environment;
- Help you develop your sense of identity with students, faculty, and staff who share common educational goals and interests;
- Expand your horizons and enrich your college experience through lectures, concerts, plays, gallery talks and trips;
- Learn the value of "giving back" with other students through events like Campus Clean-Up, Brookdale's Day of Service, our annual Giving Tree, and projects with community partners like Habitat for Humanity, Clean Ocean Action and Holiday Express;
- Encourage you to join one of our huge array of student clubs and meet new people with the same interests as you.
At Brookdale, we are totally committed to your success and we can't wait to help you get started on the most exciting journey of your life.
Click on the links in the left navigation bar to find out more about FYE.
Have questions? We're here to help. Drop us an email at FYE@brookdalecc.edu and we'll be in touch!